Ecoult (www.ecoult.com), a wholly owned subsidiary of East Penn Manufacturing, Inc. (Deka Battery), is seeking an Electrical Engineer (EE) to be based at East Penn headquarters, located between the Allentown and Reading, PA metro areas. Ecoult is an entrepreneurial enterprise with a strong record in commercialization of technology internationally. Ecoult was originally formed out of CSIRO in Australia to commercialize the breakthrough technology known as UltraBattery into energy storage applications to support integration of renewable energy generation on the grid and contribute to electricity grid stability and for RAPS (remote area power supply) application.
In this role the EE will be hands-on, working independently to cover the full spectrum of application and systems engineering and will be responsible for developing battery energy storage systems in a technologically fast moving industry. The EE will also be responsible for system design including short circuit, voltage drop and equipment rating calculations; generation of client and subcontractor specifications for battery, power conversion, transformer and switchgear subsystems.
The EE will be responsible for the technical management of subcontractors, and will be involved as part of the team to support client meetings, sales/marketing, and production of proposals. This position is an opportunity to expand into a specialization or management role based on individual performance.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- An EE with 5 years experience in power systems or power conversion systems, preferably both.
- Basic understanding of industrial controllers and control theory.
- Good understanding of NFPA (NEC) and UL standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with clients and subcontractors.
- Previous experience in writing specifications.
- Comfort in significant travel both domestic and international for periods exceeding 1 week.
- Experience preferred with systems providing Grid Ancillary Services and/or Grid Energy Storage.
East Penn Mfg. provides excellent benefits including:
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing and 401K Plans
- Life Insurance/Short & Long Term Disability Plans
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications, and participation in an annual performance bonus plan.
Qualified applicants please email, fax or mail resume with salary requirements to:
East Penn Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Attn: Holly Spotts
P.O. Box 147
Lyon Station PA 19536